Wednesday, July 14, 2010

kalos kai agathos

Balancing the good and the beautiful. I've been wanting a way to swim in this kind of notion since I've been five. The world I created in secret when I was that age was beautiful, peaceful, fun, and serene.  There was only one option and it was clear, precise and perfectly right to me. I didn't think I was a little bit crazy, what kid thinks they're crazy? I loved my little weird projects of paper dolls, carved chalk dolls, and daydreams. Of course, as we get older we change. We are influenced by everything around us.  We are faced with other options, different projects, and then our daydreams even change.

Now I am here revisiting the secret world I created and today it still is beautiful, peaceful, fun, and serene.  There has only been one option for me and it fits just right.  So going back to a comment my nephew made last summer - There is absolutely nothing wrong with basking in the thought of a "world made of jello" (except the people inhabiting the world, of course).

Must reads:  Eat, Pray, Love; Top tips from women entrepreneurs: Linda Rottenberg - How I Did It

No comments: