Thursday, September 16, 2010

Day #1 - Bodily Fluids

Today felt like Christmas! Everything was perfect on Orientation day.  Entering campus felt like I was going in for a Spa Treatment.  I never imagined that a school could make you feel so pampered.  Its a small class of about 14 students and everyone came from countries across the globe: Taiwan, India, Bombay, Mexico, Panama, Canada, Japan, Philippines, even as far as New Jersey! [just kidding ;-)]

We had a campus tour, reviewed the syllabus for the term, then we opened our Christmas gifts of text books and cool goodies stored in our jewelry design tool box.  We even got a triangle ruler that you can only get from Austria!? Crazy, right? Then we watched a video on safety where "bodily fluids" was mentioned one too many times it started to make me feel uncomfortable to the point where I felt an urge to go make an appointment to see a gynecologist.

Today's experience solidified my decision in taking the step in changing my career.  Actually the moment I knew this school was a perfect fit for me was....(see image below). Last week, some friends and I went to Ikea to grab a few things since we all either moved into new rooms or moved in period.  We picked up this cool conventional white light desk lamp.  I thought, "I could use a cool 'Pixar-looking' lamp for my workstation in my room".  So in class today the instructor advised us to create our workstation at home and to get ourselves our own white light lamp as well over the weekend.  The work lamp on my workstation at school is exactly like the one I got at Ikea!  A light-bulb went off in my head (no pun intended). I am exactly where I am supposed to be!

"my at-home workstation"

FORSÅ work lamp from Ikea

1 comment:

mc said...

Cute lamp! Glad you followed your dreams sister!