Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Day #4 - Yanni


Today started off pretty insane. To keep my cool I thought about maybe my lack of gratitude for all the little things.

We've been working elbow deep in a whole bunch of sketching and shading techniques.  It's been pretty tedious and intense. So to make it easier for us (if our lighting isn't cutting it) the school offers us designer boards that we can put on our desk that allows us to do our work at an angle. I opted not to use it. The theme of my life lately has been, "Frugal hand trumps Luxury hand".  In starting my business there will be sacrifices to make and I know for starters that a designer board definitely lands on the "luxury hand".  We are given so many tools for so many different things that I can't keep up with all of them.  I'm a simple girl. So my choice is to tough it out. If you can balance innovation, resourcefulness with passion then things work out better than "okay". Take Yanni for example. This man had a passion for beautiful music.  He grew up with just a piano and no music instructors.  He created his beautiful music with what he had in his head and invented a style of music all his own (literally - he has his own music writing style). 

So while doing my work I thought about all this and thought about everyone I look up to and the hardships they have endured.  I'm pretty lucky.  I should have more gratitude for every little thing.  But instead of Yanni my iPod played Yann Tiersen today :) Yann Tiersen is a combination of my two faves: Yanni and Paris! (And yes! I do admit to being a Yanni fan.  Proud fan since middle school, baby!!)

1 comment:

jackie said...

cheeeeehuuuu to Yanni and Yann Tiersen