Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Day #3 - Drinking Water

I decided that since I'm getting a second chance at things then I might as well go all out and be an overachieving dork.  So I completed all my projects in class today.  The drive to excel and get everything done so that I don't have any work to do at home was the hope to get a run in at Central Park or a little bit of yoga.

So throughout the day there was a lot of talk going around about drinking water and the cost of water. We noticed that there are no drinking fountains on campus.  There are snack and drink vending machines, but no drinking fountain.  There is a refrigerator and a microwave, but no drinking fountain. I had to take a part my purse to find every nickel and dime I could get to pay for a bottle of water. I never realized that a bottle of water can actually be such a huge dilemma.  See, as a foot commuter, you take what you can carry - books, wallet, cell phones, iPod, gym clothes, umbrella, home lunch, a bottle of water, etc.  When you carry a bottle of water it's usually filled with water then at the end of the day you can fill it with water from a drinking fountain and have water on your commute to your next destination.  But if you have no access to drinking water then you are left with an empty bottle that takes up room and space in your bag and if you're thirsty you gotta pay another buck or two to get more water.

So I did no running or yoga tonight.  Instead, I decided to use my time off to go venture with a classmate to get last minute supplies for cheap!

Supply shopping went as follows:
*Cheap sheet protectors at Kmart
*Cheap tiny paint canisters at Bed Bath & Beyond
Then all i needed was a piece of glass, acrylic or mirror

So we decide to hit Jack's World because they have a 99 cent store as well.  So I got a picture frame with an acrylic plate for ninety-nine cents! We also scored Brita Pitchers for $9.99!!! vs $21 dollars everywhere else. 

So we're keeping a pitcher in the campus refrigerator.  Drinking water for all!! :)

$9.99 Brita Pitcher from Jack's World




 I realized I take many small things for granted.  Today and everyday, I give thanks to water


Side note: My blogs lately have no mention about the content of what's going on in my class because it's just a whole bunch of facet drawing and shading.  No one wants to read about that.  Then again no one really wants to read about my cheap finds.  But once class gets more interesting, I promise my blogs will too.  HAHA!

1 comment:

mc said...

OMG! I don't know how you guys do it without a water fountain at school. I would die and be broke too! Haha. I definitely give thanks to water especially because I make sure I have my water bottle with me everywhere I go. :)