Sunday, September 26, 2010

Saturday madness!

My weekend is still not over, but yesterday is still so unbelievably vivid so I wanted to blog about it before I start my Sunday.

Woke up super early to make it to the Manhattan Training Center at 7:00am for Summer Training.  Then around 9:15am headed to U haul to pick up my 10' Truck on 23rd and 11th avenue.  A friend and I jumped in the truck and he says, "This is my first time in a uhaul truck." I say, "me too! and my first time driving in the city!" We both crack up, but inside I was screaming madness! I drove north and crossed town to upper east side to meet my friend.  Loaded a bed and a sofa then drove cross town to my place on upper west side then dumped furniture in my room.  Dropped off friend back to MTC then I headed back to U haul.

I secretly was so damn proud of myself so I decided to not go home just yet and enjoy my Saturday.  I hit up Chelsea flea market and found many treasures!! Its really just an avenue long, but there was so much to take in, more so than at Honolulu Swap Meet! Lots of cool antiques and vintage jewelry.  My phone was dying so I wasn't able to snap pics to help me with my design ideas. I did also meet Celebrity Chef, Brett August (finalist on Food Network's NFNS) he had a booth set up and I bought his Carrot Bread and Zucchini bread.

Later, I meet up with a few friends and we get lunch at the Chelsea Market (different from the Chelsea FLEA market). We ate - Pollo Panini, Lobster Roll, Currpy won tons, Cookie n Cream milk shake. Yumm! Then we walk to another underground flea market on 25th between 5th and 6th avenue.  This flea market was unbelievable! So the parking structure closes on weekends and so it becomes a flea market with even more more more antique treasures to be found! I didn't get anything from here, but took in a lot of design ideas.

As soon as I got home I organized my room with my queen size bed and double seat sofa and tried putting my curtains up (big fail!).  Ate some zucchini bread and took a big long nap...and woke up and now it's Sunday morning :)

Scored these antique gold plated and ceramic earrings at Chelsea flea market for a buck!

1 comment:

mc said...

Love the earrings!