Monday, September 20, 2010

Day #2 - Facet Junctions

So technically, today was my first "real" day of class.  After a crazy, insane, mind blowing weekend; I woke up at the crack of dawn and got myself ready, prepped my lunch, and mentally prepped for my first day. 

There are a lot of things to get used to. Besides being in a new home, the next most obvious change would be my commute.  Going to temple, going to church, going to parties [just noticed I listed "partying" after "praising" - yessss, I know my priorities ;)], going to get groceries, going to school, all require a different set of trains, cabs, subways, walk to get there.  For instance - going to temple: Leave apt, walk to subway, take 1,2 or 3 to Times Square, transfer to S to Grand Central, catch the 9:48am Metro North to White Plains Station, then catch cab to temple. And, that's actually a not-so-bad trip.  Getting to the beach like Fire Island, however, is just a whole other "OMG" type of story.

In due time, all these changes (making my own lunch, being a loner at school) will eventually become part of my daily routine.  My Oh-my-gawd-I'm-changing-my-entire-life paranoia isn't as bad as I had imagined (so far).  Things get thrown at me left and right and I'm impressed at how I've been handling it.  Today in class while properly drafting diamonds the instructor asks us to, "draw in the facet junctions" - The wha?!? It threw me off for a few seconds before I made a mental note to look it up when I get home.

One thing I can easily get used to and will always look forward to is my sister texting me daily pics of Nohea's daily routine. 

She sleeps all day :)

3 comments:

mc said...

I love how you talked about your daily routine. I personally find it interesting what people do everyday.

BTW, I like daily Nohea photos. Norman would do that to me when he wasn't working and send me daily Bruno pic. :)

tine said...

it is interesting yeah. Like just how people get ready to do stuff it's so interesting.

So cute! SO now do you send Norman daily Bruno pics? hahaha

jackie said...

HAHAHAHA! Pets are such hamms :)